A bas-relief of the Sirius commissioned by Mosman Council was installed at Mosman Bay in 1989.
The bronze relief sculptures were made by Dr. Alex Sandor Kolozsy.
In October 1788 the Sirius went on a voyage back around the world to get supplies from Cape Town. The voyage home to Port Jackson very nearly ended in disaster when they encountered severe storms when rounding the south of Tasmania. When she arrived in 1789 the Sirius required a major refitting and was beached on the north side of the harbour at a place that was then referred to as Elbow Cove and Careening Cove, later Great Sirius Cove and eventually Mosman Bay.
On 19 March 1790 H.M.S. Sirius, flagship of the First Fleet, was wrecked off the reef at Slaughter Bay on Norfolk Island.